Monday, April 27, 2009

At my expense.

So one of my favorite stories from the Costa Rica trip comes at my own expense.
Nicholas and Nathan Smith, and myself where staying with a family in the town where we where working. The father was named Rene, with a son Kenny and a daughter Yendre (not sure how you spell that one) and I can't for the life of me remember his wife's name. I am not and have never been a morning person, so one morning Rene walks into the room where we are staying as we are waking ourselves up, I am sitting on the edge of the bed when Rene tells me to hold out my hand. So I stick my hand out there, palm up, he puts his closed hand out there and places something in my palm, then slowly he pulls it away. I look down at my palm and realize THERE IS A HUGE CENTIPEDE CURLED UP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY HAND! I flick my wrist and jump to my feet as the thing hits the floor I probably yelled too. It turns out however that I had freaked over nothing, the stupid bug was already dead although Rene, Nick and Nate had gotten a good laugh out of it. Looking back I can laugh too, although at the time it didn't seem to funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning, all comments will be moderated, so nothing inappropriate will show up.